Plan Review Submittal Requirements
The Huntington Beach Fire Department charges for emergency medical services and ambulance transportation. However, residents can join the FireMed Program and protect their out-of-pocket costs! Read more about the FireMed Program.
Plan Requirements back to top
- Plans shall be on minimum 11” x 17” (ledger size) paper
- Plans and specifications shall be drawn to scale
- Plans shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature and extent of the work proposed
- Plans shall show in detail that the project will conform to the provisions of the applicable building codes and ordinances
- For checklist of required plans, please refer to the Plan Check Submittal Form
Number of Plans back to top
- Three sets of plans for architectural & structural plans
- Two sets of plans for mechanical, electrical or plumbing plans (only for residential projects of more than two units and commercial projects). See the Mechanical Plan Requirements, Electrical Plan Requirements, & Plumbing Plan Requirements for more details.
Initial Submittal Requirements back to top
- Completed Permit Application(s)
- Completed Plan Check Submittal Form
- Completed Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) Application form (additional requirements for commercial projects only)
- Submittal plans and specifications
- Applicable documentation including structural calculations and Title 24 energy calculations (1 set of each is sufficient).
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, where required, must be submitted separately. Please provide separated plans for each discipline.
Re-submittal Requirements back to top
- Transmittal with permit/plancheck number referenced
- Written response to plan check comments
- Original plan check markup plan set
- Three sets of revised plans for architectural & structural plans
- Two sets of revised plans for mechanical, electrical or plumbing plans.