Plan Review Submittal Requirements
Plan Requirements back to top
- Plans shall be on minimum 11” x 17” (ledger size) paper
- Plans and specifications shall be drawn to scale
- Plans shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature and extent of the work proposed
- Plans shall show in detail that the project will conform to the provisions of the applicable building codes and ordinances
- For checklist of required plans, please refer to the Plan Check Submittal Form
Number of Plans back to top
- Three sets of plans for architectural & structural plans
- Two sets of plans for mechanical, electrical or plumbing plans (only for residential projects of more than two units and commercial projects). See the Mechanical Plan Requirements, Electrical Plan Requirements, & Plumbing Plan Requirements for more details.
Initial Submittal Requirements back to top
- Completed Permit Application(s)
- Completed Plan Check Submittal Form
- Completed Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) Application form (additional requirements for commercial projects only)
- Submittal plans and specifications
- Applicable documentation including structural calculations and Title 24 energy calculations (1 set of each is sufficient).
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing plans, where required, must be submitted separately. Please provide separated plans for each discipline.
Re-submittal Requirements back to top
- Transmittal with permit/plancheck number referenced
- Written response to plan check comments
- Original plan check markup plan set
- Three sets of revised plans for architectural & structural plans
- Two sets of revised plans for mechanical, electrical or plumbing plans.
The city has over 1,000 parking spaces near the beach! You can purchase the Annual Beach Parking pass that allows discounted parking prices near the City beach. Learn more about this beach parking pass.