You may renew your library books, put yourself on a reserve waiting list, or review what you have checked out by logging into the online catalog.
If you have any inquiries regarding your card account such as fines, fees, or overdues you may contact the Circulation Services staff at (714) 842-4481 option 0 during Central Library business hours.
To find out what items you have checked out, when they are due or to renew items, you must have a valid Huntington Beach Public Library card number and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Your PIN is the last four digits of the phone number used when you registered for your library card. To change or update your phone number, go to the Circulation Services Desk with your Library card and a photo ID (updates in person only).
To View a List of Checked Out Items
Log in with your barcode number, 14 digits, no spaces (normally begins with 2111900xxxxxxx).
Your PIN# is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card. Click on the Checked Out link under the My Account/Renew tab. For information on how to renew your books please visit our renewing items webpage.
The error "Login failed. Please check your barcode and pin and try again" may occur due to the following:
- Incorrect data entry Make sure you have entered all 14 digits without spaces. For example, your card number should be entered: 21119001234567.
- Wrong PIN# Your PIN# is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card.
To protect your identity, we require that you come in person with a photo ID if your login fails for any of the following reasons:
- You cannot remember what phone number you used when you registered for your card.
- You want to change your PIN or phone number.
- Your address, phone number, or birth date is not on file or has changed.
- You have a Media only card or owe large fines to the library.
- Your card was reported as lost or stolen.
- Your card has expired.
The date printed on your card is the date the photo expires, your card usually expires sooner. Huntington Beach resident cards expire every 3 years and non-resident cards expire each year. If your card has not expired, you can log in to the My Account/Renew tab page, click on Profile to see when your card will expire.
You can sign up for email reminders before your books are due by supplying the library with your email address. To activate the email reminders:
1. Log in to the My Account
2. Click on Profile
3. Type in your email address and click the Update button.
We are committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time. We will use your email address solely to communicate Library information.