Project Name: Huntington Beach Lofts
Project Location: 7302-7400 Center Avenue, at the Southeast Corner of Gothard Street and Center Avenue.
Project Description:The Huntington Beach Lofts project involves the construction of a mixed-use residential and commercial development. The project consists of four levels of housing over three levels of parking. The retail component would be on the ground level adjacent to the two levels of above grade parking. Overall, the project would be six stories in height and consist of approximately 385 residential units and up to 10,000 square feet of retail uses. Outdoor amenities would include a pool and spa area, fire pit and movie projection area. Indoor amenities would include a fitness center, business center, conference room, and clubhouse.
Entitlements approved include Environmental Impact Report (EIR 07-004), Zoning Map Amendment (ZTA 07-004), General Plan Amendment (GPA-07-003), Zoning Map Amendment (ZMA-07-001) and Conditional Use Permit (CUP 07-043) by Planning Commission September 20, 2008; upheld by City Council November 10, 2008.
An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was prepared for the project, analyzing the potentially significant environmental impacts of the proposed project and identifying mitigation measures to reduce or eliminate these impacts. PBS&J Associates was retained to prepare all studies and documentation necessary to comply with the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as well as conducting an impact assessment, development of mitigation measures, review for CEQA adequacy, attendance at public meetings, responses to comments, coordination between City staff and the project team.
Project Planner: Tess Nguyen, Associate Planner, (714) 374-1744, firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAFT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (July 8, 2008)
- Section 4.1 -- Aesthetics
- Section 4.2 -- Air Quality
- Section 4.3 -- Biological Resources
- Section 4.4 -- Cultural Resources
- Section 4.5 -- Geology and Soils
- Section 4.6 -- Hazards and Hazardous Materials
- Section 4.7 -- Hydrology and Water Quality
- Section 4.8 -- Land Use and Planning
- Section 4.9 -- Noise
- Section 4.10 -- Population and Housing
- Section 4.11 -- Public Services
- Section 4.12 -- Recreation
- Section 4.13 -- Transportation and Traffic
- Section 4.14 -- Utilities and Service Systems
FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (September 15, 2008)