Huntington Beach Central Park
Address: 18100 Goldenwest Street
Phone: (714) 536-5486 or (714) 536-5230 for Field Rentals
Park curfew is from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am.
View Park Rules.
Fire ring, picnic facility, campgrounds, four playgrounds, nature center, fishing, Frisbee golf, horseshoes, viewpoint, lakes, equestrian trails, dog park, amphitheater, exercise course, restrooms, and four restaurants.
Huntington Beach Central Park is the largest city-owned park in Orange County covering over 350 acres of land. This peaceful setting of open grass fields and extensive tree and flower plantings is used for various activities such as picnics, biking, playing, and strolling along the paved paths enjoying the serene atmosphere. Central Park offers plenty of activities and events all year round for all ages. Dog and car shows are held in the summer, Cross-country racing events are in the fall, and the equestrian center holds a jumper show every spring. Park entrances can be found on Edwards, Goldenwest, Gothard, Slater, Talbert, and Ellis streets.
- Rated the top location for birding by various magazines and Huntington Beach’s bird community.
- Huntington Beach Central Park is also home to the largest children's library west of the Mississippi.
- Date of development was March 1974
- This park was dedicated on June 15, 1974
- Architect - Eckbo, Dean, Austin and Williams