Huntington Beach Project
From 1982-83, the Agency adopted five separate project areas. In 1996, all were merged to allow the tax increment generated in any sub-area to be used anywhere within the Huntington Beach Project Area, now totaling 619 acres. In July 2002, the plan was amended to eliminate the time limits to incur indebtedness. Get the Huntington Beach Project Redevelopment Plan as amended. (.pdf 1.9MB)
After holding a public hearing, the Five Year Implementation Plan (2005-09) and the Ten Year Housing Compliance Plan (2005-14) for the Huntington Beach Project (Merged Project Area) was approved on Monday, November 15, 2004. Click on the buttons below to open the documents:
Visit each sub-area below to find out more:
- Huntington Center -- 160 acres. The major project is the renovation of the Huntington Beach Mall.
- Main-Pier -- 336 acres. There are various major projects in the downtown, including the new Huntington Beach Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa.
- Oakview -- 68 acres. The major project was the redevelopment of the corner of Beach and Warner into the Plaza Office/Cinema complex and on going housing rehabilitation.
- Talbert Beach -- 25 acres. The major projects were industrial and housing
- Yorktown Lake -- 30 acres. The major project was senior housing
The Huntington Beach Fire Department charges for emergency medical services and ambulance transportation. However, residents can join the FireMed Program and protect their out-of-pocket costs! Read more about the FireMed Program.