Children's Needs Task Force
2013 Fourth of July Parade - Youth Character Award Honorees
|YOUTH CHARACTER AWARD NOMINATIONS|
Anyone can nominate a praisworthy youth!
Do you know a young person who displays great character and exemplifies the Six Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship? Has a youth overcome obstacles, demonstrated generosity and self-sacrifice or been actively involved in Community Service?
Join the Children's Needs Task Force in recognizing these outstanding youth. Nominees must be in grades 3 - 12 and reside in the City of Huntington Beach. The deadline for submissions is
The Children's Needs Task Force (CNTF) believes that the future of our city depends on how we view our children. The community must provide an environment where children can grow up and become healthy mature adults who feel themselves to be a part of the community. Local leaders must work with schools, outside agencies, the police, and the young people of our community to effectively identify the needs of children, and to develop an approach with which to meet these needs. The Task Force is available to provide their recommendations to the City Council concerning appropriate methods to meet the needs of children in Huntington Beach.
The CNTF meets the fourth Thursday every other month at 4:00 pm in Room B-8, Lower-Level.
A Declaration of Policy about Children and Young Adults
- The citizens of Huntington Beach recognize that our children are our future.
- In all deliberations citizens understand that each young person is unique and born into circumstances influenced by genetics, economic factors, social and cultural differences, family structure and dynamics.
- Strong families are the most effective means of rearing children who feel secure, loved and supported as they move through the challenges of early childhood, middle school, and high school.
- Providing safe and secure neighborhoods, homes and schools in which youth and families can flourish is an important civic responsibility.
- Promoting strong academic programs within the City of Huntington Beach recognizes that quality schools benefit children and families, as well as the quality of life in the community.
- Facilitating positive alternative activities for children and young adults demonstrates that prevention is a priority in Huntington Beach.
- The citizens of Huntington Beach recognize the impact of positive role models that demonstrate good character, sportsmanship and citizenship.
- Demonstrating that children and youth are an important part of the community clearly establishes that they are valued.
- Together, the city of Huntington Beach and its citizens proclaim that the needs of children will be included as a priority in all planning and policy decisions that come before the City Council, Planning Commission, and city departments.
In the event a member retires or is unable to complete his term, an appointment shall be made to fill the remainder of the unexpired term. The Children's Needs Task Force is accepting applications to fill current vacancies. Top applicants will be invited to an interview with City Council members. To apply to become a member, please complete the Boards & Commission Application.
Agendas and Minutes
|February 27, 2014||Agenda|
|December 19, 2013 Special Meeting||Agenda|
|December 5, 2013 Special Meeting||Agenda|
|October 24, 2013||Agenda|
|June 27, 2013||Agenda|
|April 25, 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 11, 2013||Agenda|
|February 28, 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 20, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 25, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 27, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 23, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 28, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 26, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 23, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 15, 2011||Agenda|
|October 27, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 25, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 28, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|Cancelation Notice||August 8, 2011|
|April 28, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 24, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 16, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 28, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 26, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 24, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 4, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 22, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 25, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|