Automated Inspection Services - (714) 536-5241
The City maintains 124 Traffic Signals? Report malfunctions to (714) 960-8861( City) or Caltrans (PCH & Beach Blvd) (949) 936-3600. You can also report a malfunction online.
Welcome to the Department of Building & Safety Automated Inspection Services, 24 Hrs - 7 days/week. The following describes the benefits and details of this service:
- Automated Inspection Scheduling
- After Hours Inspection Request
- Changes/Cancellations of Inspection Requests
- Plan Check Status & Submittal Requirements
- Inspection Results
- Longer Service Hours (24 hours., 7 days a week).
- Access Individual Inspectors by Name (Inspectors are available via telephone):
- Mon-Thur: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Fri Only: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Scheduling Inspections - Important Information
To Schedule inspections please call (714) 536-5241. There are a limited number of inspections that can be performed on any given day. When the number is exceeded, the system will schedule your inspection for the following working day. You can also choose a future day that would better serve your needs. To increase the likelihood of a next day inspection, please schedule your inspections as early in the day as possible.
There are three possible time frames when scheduling inspections: AM (8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.), PM (12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.), and NP (no preference). The number of AM and PM time frame inspections are limited, and the system will automatically provide any time frames that are still available. If an AM or PM time frame is not available, your inspection will automatically be scheduled for NP. Regardless of the time frame you receive through the automated system, you may call your inspector directly during his morning office hours (listed above) on the day of your inspection, to request a "2 hour time window."
When calling for FINAL Building Inspection, please make sure of the following:
- All preceding inspections have been previously “Approved”, and
- You have already scheduled any other required final inspections for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing. The system will NOT accept a Building Final #112 prior to scheduling a Final Mechanical, Electrical and/or Plumbing inspection.
How to Use the System
- Please have your permit number ready
- Call (714) 536-5241
- Press (1)
- Schedule Inspection: Press (1), or
- Cancel Inspection: Press (2), or
- Inspection Results: Press (3) or
- Plan Review Information: Press (4)
- Please listen carefully and choose the Correct type of Permit:
- Combination: Press (6)
- Building: Press (1)
- Plumbing: Press (2)
- Electrical: Press (3)
- Mechanical: Press (4)
- Swimming Pool: Press (5)
- Certificate of Occupancy: Press (7)
- Solar: Press (8)
- Enter "numeric portion" of Permit Number
- Enter Inspection Code (see Inspection Code Table below)
Inspection Code Table
|Inspection Type||Code||Inspection Details|
|Building Inspections||101||Foundations and Setbacks|
|102||Underpinning and Joists|
|103||Slab and Deck|
|105||Roof, Sheath and Pre-Roof|
|107||T-Bar and Grid Ceiling|
|111||Grout and Masonry|
|Plumbing Inspections||201||Plumbing Ground|
|Electrical Inspections||301||Electrical Ground|
|Mechanical Inspections||401||Mechanical Ground|
|405||Gas Test (Low/Med)|
|Swim Pool Inspections||500||Pool Pre-Site|
|501||Reinforce Steel, Main Drain, and Bonding|
|505||Pre-Plaster, Equipment Set, Barrier Fence|
|630||Certificate of Occupancy|
If you experience difficulties with the system, we will be happy to assist you in scheduling your request (all other callers are expected to use the automated service to guarantee an inspection).
Please feel free to contact a Permit Technician at 536-5241 (then select "0") should you have any comments or suggestions regarding this service.