Huntington Beach Adopts Level 2 Emergency Water Conservation Ordinance Effective May 18, 2015
Here's what you need to know:
- Automated irrigation is limited to Mondays and Fridays.
- Irrigation is prohibited between 9 am and 5 pm.
- Irrigation is limited to no more than 10 minutes per station.
- Washing down hard or paved surfaces is prohibited.
- No watering during or 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
- No excessive water runoff from irrigation onto sidewalks or streets.
- Leaks must be repaired within 48 hours of notification.
HB Show Your Support! Reduce Your Water Use!
NEW: HB Water Conservation Hotline
The Utilities Division has set up a new “HB Water Conservation Hotline”. Use this number to report water waste situations, to find out the current water conservation regulations, ways to conserve water, or information on rebate programs. When reporting water waste, please leave a detailed message stating the address, time of occurrence, and the day of the week. We all must do our part to conserve our most precious resource, and even more so during this drought emergency.
Another way to report water waste is to use the online Surf City Pipeline on the City’s website to create a service request.
Governor Brown Directs First Ever Statewide Mandatory Water Reductions
For the first time in state history, the Governor has directed the State Water Resources Control Board to implement mandatory water reductions in cities and towns across California to reduce water usage by 25 percent. This savings amounts to approximately 1.5 million acre-feet of water over the next nine months, or nearly as much as is currently in Lake Oroville.
To save more water now, the order will also:
- Replace 50 million square feet of lawns throughout the state with drought tolerant landscaping in partnership with local governments.
- Direct the creation of a temporary, statewide consumer rebate program to replace old appliances with more water and energy efficient models;
- Require campuses, golf courses, cemeteries and other large landscapes to make significant cuts in water use; and
- Prohibit new homes and developments from irrigating with potable water unless water-efficient drip irrigation systems are used, and ban watering of ornamental grass on public street medians.
Plan your wedding on the City Beach! Sunrise or sunset, or anytime in between – beautiful location information is found here
City of Huntington Beach
Public Works Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Phone: (714) 536-5431
Fax: (714) 374-1573