(As of 11/1/2015)
- Automated watering allowed Mondays and Fridays only.
- Irrigation is prohibited between 9 am and 5 pm.
- Irrigation is limited to no more than 10 minutes per station.
- Washing down hard or paved surfaces is prohibited.
- No watering during or 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
- No excessive water runoff from irrigation onto sidewalks or streets.
- Leaks must be repaired within 48 hours of notification.
HB Water Conservation Hotline (714) 536-5922
Use this number to report water waste situations, to find out the current water conservation regulations, ways to conserve water, or information on rebate programs. When reporting water waste, please leave a detailed message stating the address, time of occurrence, and the day of the week. We all must do our part to conserve our most precious resource, and even more so during this drought emergency.
Another way to report water waste is to use the online Surf City Pipeline on the City’s website to create a service request.
Emergency Conservation Regulation
On April 1, 2015, Governor Brown issued the fourth in a series of Executive Orders on actions necessary to address California's severe drought conditions, which directed the State Water Board to implement mandatory water reductions in urban areas to reduce potable urban water usage by 25 percent statewide. On May 5, 2015 the State Water Board adopted an emergency conservation regulation in accordance with the Governor's directive. The provisions of the emergency regulation went into effect on May 18, 2015.
Plan your wedding on the City Beach! Sunrise or sunset, or anytime in between – beautiful location information is found here
City of Huntington Beach
Public Works Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Phone: (714) 536-5431
Fax: (714) 374-1573