Huntington Central Park
Closed on August 9, 2013, and will reopen June 2014.
Address: Located in Central Park near the Central Library at 7111 Talbert Avenue, Youth Shelter, and Amphitheater
(714) 842-7442 - From mid-June through mid-August of each year.
(714) 536-5486 - Early reservations from April through mid-June.
Map: link to map
From 405 Fwy: exit Beach Boulevard South. Travel about 2 miles and turn right on Talbert Avenue. About Â½ mile ahead enter Huntington Central Library parking lot, and park on the right near the tall trees. Follow the footpath into the park, and head up the hill to the right at the fork. Adventure Playground is at the top of the hill.
Hours of Operation: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, closed Sunday. Play ends at 3:40 pm for cleanup.
Rates: $3.00 per child fee is charged. All adults are free.
Adventure Playground is a wonderful playing experience for children 5-12 years old. Kids can raft on a small pond, navigate a rope bridge, go down a mudslide, and build forts. The City does not accept purchase orders or credit cards. Enter from the Central Library parking lot.
- Families or groups of less than 10 children do not need to make reservations.
- Groups of 10 or more and birthday parties must make reservations. To ensure there will be room, make reservations early in the season. Due to space limitations, tables can only be reserved for Saturday birthday parties and only one table per party.
- A counselor/guardian must be in each area of the park at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, the fort area, the pond, and the tire swing. A guardian’s supervision is required in the building area. Some groups prefer to assign a number of children to each staff and lead the children to each area as a small group.
- Counselors/guardians must comply with the rules of the playground at all times. We believe the best way to teach is by setting the example.
- The counselor/guardian to child ratio is not to exceed 1 to 10 at any time.
- At no time during their stay may visitors be wearing anything but closed toe tennis shoes (sneakers) or stronger on their feet. Sandals, water shoes, thongs/ flip flops, and crocs are not acceptable.
- Please be advised that the children will get wet. Children will need to bring a towel, a change of clothes, shoes, and a plastic bag to keep them in. The groups are responsible for their own items. (There are no lockers or cubbies available). Cold showers and changing rooms are provided, but again we ask that the children be supervised when using either of these facilities in order to maintain the safety of the children and the cleanliness of the park.
- Beach chairs or blankets are recommended for adults who want to watch, but we encourage their participation.
- If you will be eating at the park, you will need to provide your own lunch. Refreshments are sold at the playground for a minimal cost, but they consist of soda, juice, chips, and candy. You may eat inside the playground or outside in the park. Please check the area before you leave to make sure you have not left any trash. If you have difficulty locating an empty trash bin, we will be happy to provide you with a bag.
- Be sure to check the playground before leaving to confirm that all the children have either taken their belongings with them or disposed of them properly.
- If you have any further questions or would like specific directions to the playground from your site, feel free to call at (714) 842-7442 between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Saturday (after Adventure Playground opens for the season).
We appreciate wood donations: 2x4, 4x4, plywood, pallets, or any wood that the kids can use to build treehouse structures.
One of two Adventure Playgrounds in Orange County.