Phone (714) 536-5486 or (714) 536-5230 for Field Rentals
Picnic tables, open play area, children’s play area, pickleball
courts, soccer field, softball field, portable restroom, and basketball courts.
Worthy Park is located in Huntington Beach beside Huntington Beach High School on the corner of Main Street and 17th Street. Worthy Park is surrounded by residential areas, which makes this park family oriented.
- This park was dedicated to Normal L. Worthy, the father of the Huntington Beach park system, on June 3, 1983.
- The Huntington Beach City Council dedicated this park with appreciation of Worthy’s contribution to the Huntington Beach park system. Worthy was a native to Huntington Beach and graduated from Huntington Beach high school in 1942. He was responsible for acquiring 626 acres of parkland and developing 57 park sites.
- Date of development was December 20, 1983
- This park was dedicated on May 6, 1983
- Architect - Cardoza DiLallo and Harrington
Did you know?
The Huntington Beach Fire Department conducts free home fire safety inspections for seniors. You can also get a free smoke detector with a 10 year battery and carbon monoxide detector installed. This free service is provided by Project SHIP senior home inspection program volunteers. You can schedule an appointment online or call 714-374-1615.