Welcome to the Housing section of our website! To assist low and moderate income residents of the city, the Department of Economic Development administers a number of housing programs and projects. Learn more by clicking on the links below:
- A number of programs are available to help Huntington Beach residents buy a home.
- Jump to Inclusionary Housing Forms and Brochures.
- Low interest-rate loans are available for fixing up single-family homes, mobile homes, condos, town homes, and apartment buildings.
- The City of Huntington Beach partners with non-profit and for profit housing developers to create affordable housing for low-income residents.
- Various government agencies and non-profit organizations are here to help residents with housing questions or problems.
If seeking emergency assistance, please contact 211 or contact one of the providers listed in this resource guide.
Housing and Affordability Index
Developed by the Center for Neighborhood Technology, the Housing + Transportation Affordability Index is an innovative, interactive mapping tool that measures the true affordability of housing based on location.
The Housing + Transportation Affordability Index takes into account not just the cost of housing, but also its location efficiency, by measuring the transportation costs associated with housing in different locations.
California, Arizona and Nevada Homeowners Are Being Targeted by Con Artists Offering Foreclosure Assistance
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today warned that California, Arizona and Nevada homeowners are increasingly becoming the target of "scammers" and con artists trying to loot families of their bank accounts with phony promises to avoid foreclosure.
Read attachment for the full story or on the web at page
Planning Commission meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month. Meeting Agendas, Action Agendas, and Minutes are available to view online.