All of huntington Beach

Passport Services

Passport Services are Offered by Appointment Only

Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Excluding Holidays
Appointments can be made through the City's QLess Kiosk

For emergency travel needs, contact the National Passport Center at 1-877-487-2778.

Passport ServicesSubmit Question

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires travelers to have a passport book, passport card, or other document approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security when re-entering the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the countries of the Caribbean. You must have a passport book for International air travel.

First time applicants, please come prepared with the following:

  1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  2. Government-issued photo I.D.
  3. Check or Money Order (cash, credit or debit cards not accepted for payments made to the U.S. Department of State)
The following estimates are provided for passport processing turnaround:

Routine Service:  Up to 12 Weeks (6-8 weeks for processing + up to 4 weeks for mailing)
Expedited Service:  Up to 7 Weeks (2-3 weeks for processing + up to 4 weeks for mailing)

Passport Fees:
Type of Services Price
*DS-11 (Age 16 and Over) $130.00
*DS-11 (Age 15 and Under) $100.00
Execution Fee Assessed on DS-11 $35.00
*DS-82 (Self Renewal by Mail) $130.00
*Passport Card (Adult) $30.00
*Passport Card (Minor) $15.00
*Expedited Service $60.00
*File Search Fee $150.00
Passport Photo $15.00

*Fees payable to the U.S. Department of State must be made by check, cashier's check or money order only - NO CASH, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED.

Services Include:
  • Processing of DS-11 Passport Applications 
  • Expedited Processing
  • Lost/Stolen Passport Information
  • Passport Photos
  • Self-Service DS-82 Forms Available - Please note that DS-82 applications are not processed by Acceptance Facilities
If you would like to inquire about the status of a passport application already in process or for travel information, you can contact the National Passport Information Center Toll Free at 1-877-487-2778 and select prompt #3.  TTY/TDD (for the hearing impaired), please call 1-877-874-7793.  You can also obtain status information by accessing their website at

First Time Applicants:All first time passport applicants, regardless of age, must appear in person before a passport agent. First time passport applicants need to complete a DS-11 passport application form.  Children under 16 must have the consent of both parents or legal guardians. If both parents or guardians cannot apply with the child, additional documentation is required.  Applicants 16 to 17 need to appear in person with one parent or legal guardian.  Along with the completed application you will need to provide the following:

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship. Which can be a previous U.S. passport, or a certified birth certificate, or if applicable, a Certificate of Naturalization, a Certificate of Citizenship, or Report of Birth Abroad. Photocopies of these documents are not acceptable. Please note that applicants born in the State of California need to submit a state-certified Certificate of Live Birth. California birth abstracts and hospital birth records are not acceptable.
Note: Applicants under 16 years of age using a previous passport; or INS Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization to show proof of citizenship must also supply a birth certificate showing parents’ names. In this case, since the birth certificate is not being used for citizenship, it may be a foreign birth certificate, an abstract or other type of birth certificate.

  • Proof of Identity. Such as a valid driver’s license, or a government identification card, or a recently issued Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship. The document must include your signature and a photograph that is a good likeness of you. If you can not prove your identity, you must appear with an identifying witness, who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who has known you for at least 2 years. Your witness must prove his or her identity and complete and sign an Affidavit of Identifying Witness form #DS-71, before the passport acceptance agent.
  • One recent passport photograph. The City of Huntington Beach now offers passport photo services in the City Clerk’s office, 2nd floor, at City Hall.  A photo is available at a cost of $15.00.
  • All application fees.  The passport application fee is $130.00 per person if you are 16 years of age or older, and $100.00 per person if you are under the age of 16. This fee must be paid by check, cashier's check or money order, and is made payable to U.S Department of State. The execution fee is $35.00 per application, and can be paid by cash, check or money order, and is made payable to the City of Huntington Beach. The same fee is collected at all acceptance facilities, including United States Post Offices.
Passport Renewals (Self-Service Form DS-82):Renewing your passport by mail has been made easy. The fee for passport renewal by mail is $130.00, and must be paid by check, cashier's check or money order.  Eligibility to renew your passport by mail is established, if the following four conditions are true:

  • You can submit your most recent passport, which is not mutilated or damaged.
  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued.
  • You were issued your most recent passport less than 15 years ago.
  • You presently use the same name as the name listed on your most recent passport or you have had your name changed by marriage or court order, and can submit proper supporting documentation.
If you do not meet the previous conditions, you are not eligible to renew your passport by mail. Instead you will need to complete a first-time passport application, form DS-11, furnish the required documentation, and appear in person at a passport acceptance facility.

If you are eligible to renew your passport by mail, you will need to mail the following items:

  • A completed passport renewal application, form DS-82.
  • Your most recent passport.
  • One recent passport photograph. It is best to purchase the photograph from a passport photo shop, as they are aware of the precise requirements of passport photographs.
  • The passport renewal fee, in the form of a check, cashier's check or money order, made payable to the U.S. Department of State.
  • If applicable, a marriage certificate or court order indicating your name change. This document must bear an official seal. Photo copies or notarized documents are not acceptable.
The addresses for mailing the renewal application are listed on the back of the form (DS-82).

IMPORTANT:Restrictions for use of the Self-Service Application Form DS-82 apply - See eligibility requirements listed on cover of form.  

Expedited Processing Service:  Up to 7 Weeks (2-3 weeks for processing, plus up to 4 weeks for mailing)Expedited processing of your application or renewal is available for an additional $60.00 per application. (For renewal-by-mail expedite service, the application must be mailed to the address listed for Expedited Service on the back of the form DS-82). The expedite fee must be ADDED to the application/renewal fee made payable to the U.S. Department of State.

If 1-2 Day Delivery return service of the issued passport is also desired, the cost is $19.53** and this amount is added to fees paid to the U.S. Department of State.
**Mailing fees are subject to change without notice

If you require a passport in less than two weeks, you will need to make an appointment to apply in person at a Passport Agency. To make an appointment, please call the National Passport Center recorded appointment line at (877) 487-2778 and select prompt #2.  Proof of travel is required.

Lost/Stolen Passport Information:If your valid passport has been lost or stolen, you will need to complete a DS-11 passport application and a Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, form DS-64, and appear in person. Please bring any previous U.S. passports that you may have and follow ALL first-time passport application instructions.

Persons whose passports have been lost or stolen are not eligible to renew passports by mail. The Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport is not required if your lost or stolen passport is now expired.

Passport Corrections and Changes:The form DS-5504 may be used within one year of the issuance date of the passport for routine services to make a data page change, such as a name change, without charge.  New photos are required.  Instead of amending the passport, a new passport will be issued with new issue and expiration dates.  (This form may always be used for corrections due to printing errors by Department of State.)  If the change occurs more than one year after the issue date, the customer will have to reapply using a DS-82 or DS-11 and pay accordingly.

The form is available in the City Clerk’s Office; however, it is the customer’s responsibility to mail it to the address indicated on the form.