Dog Walker Watch Program
Help prevent crime while you are walking your dog. Become part of the Dog Walker Watch Program (DWW)! To sign up for the DWW, fill out an application below!
What is Dog Walker Watch?
Dog Walker Watch is an awareness program sponsored by the National Association Town Watch (NATW). The program is coordinated by the City of Huntington Beach and Huntington Beach Police Department to encourage neighbors in assisting local law enforcement in ongoing community-policing efforts.
Why Dog Walker Watch?
- Participate during your regular walk.
- Connect with other neighbors.
- Take an active approach in preventing crime in your neighborhood.
- Learn to recognize suspicious activity.
How to Get Involved:
Recognize suspicious activity
Remember that people are not suspicious, behavior is suspicious. Examples of suspicious activity includes:
- Vehicles parked for a prolonged period of time in a undesignated area.
- A vehicle traveling at an abnormal low or high speed without lights during evening or early morning hours.
Reporting crime safely
- If you do not feel safe calling the police on the spot, online reporting is available.
- Wait until you are around the corner or not in the eye-sight of the suspect.
- It is important to not come in contact with the suspect because you never know if they are armed or aggressive, it is always safer to call for an officer.
- Text 9-1-1.
- Know your location!
- Be aware of major cross streets and direction.
- Clarify what exactly is occurring.
- Be sure to provide all necessary details including description of the subject (height, weight, clothes, tattoos, gender, etc.)
- Remain calm, speak clearly, and let the dispatcher ask you questions.
- You do not need to speak to an Officer to report a crime.
Download the free mobile app to your mobile device and report a variety of issues instantly from your phone.
Neglected property, trash pickers, poor lighting on public property, etc.
Call: (714) 375-5155
Graffiti Removal Hotline
Call: (714) 960-8861
Call: (714) 960-8825
OC Animal Shelter
Barking dogs, lost/found animal, suspected animal cruelty, animal bite, animal injured/killed on the road, or animal loose in the neighborhood.
Call: (714) 935-6448
After-hours: (714) 259-1122
Homeless Task Force
Call: (714) 536-5576
For more information, please contact the City at [email protected].
Did you know?
The Police Department provides FREE security checks of your home while you are on vacation!
This service is provided courtesy of the HBPD Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Sign up online
for this free service.
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5486
Fax: (714) 374-1654
Ask a Question