Accomplishments and Goals
FY 2015/16 Accomplishments
- Continued to implement sections of the IT Strategic Technology Plan.
- Initiated the replacement of the City's ELM (Enterprise Land Management) system.
- Initiated the replacement of the City's Enterprise Cashiering system.
- Continued the replacement of the City's intranet (Surfnet) with SharePoint technology.
- Continued development of the City's Utility Billing system.
- Completed replacement of Police mobile data computers.
- Continued the replacement of Fire mobile data computers.
- Implemented the "Hot Red" radio program for Public Safety (800MHz system upgrade).
- Replaced obsolete computers for the Central Library and branch locations.
- Integrated a common City address database with ELM and Utility Billing applications.
- Continued deployment of internally developed business intelligence system.
- Replaced all inspector/code enforcement laptops with new durable systems.
- Implemented new Help Desk Call Center to increase call answering consistency.
- Built and configured new printer servers to increase consistency and reliability.
- Streamlined the computer user account creation process to meet employee start dates.
- Implemented water meter data capture to support new Utility Billing system.
- Upgraded Help Desk software to increase performance and availability.
- Continued GIS support for the General Plan update.
- Created and deployed new Coyote siting and monitoring mapping application.
- Created and deployed new Public Works Capital Improvement Projects mapping application.
- Developed the next generation Police mobile mapping application for the new mobile computers.
- Revised Water Valve Maintenance GIS application for new interface standards.
- Completed 2015 Water, Sewer and Storm atlases for Utilities.
- Converted and deployed new city-wide aerial photography for the 2015 update.
- Redesigned the City of Huntington Beach's public website.
FY 2016/17 Goals
- Implement the IS restructuring plan to improve customer service and IT governance.
- Continue replacement of the City's ELM (Enterprise Land Management) system.
- Continue migrating the City's intranet to Microsoft SharePoint technology.
- Continue to streamline internet content management with department owners.
- Continue the replacement of the City's Enterprise Cashiering system.
- Purchase and replace all remaining City radio equipment for the 800MHz upgrade project.
- Implement Police Department Microsoft SharePoint collaboration system pilot.
- Evaluate upgrade/replacement of CAD/RMS for funding in 2017/2018.
- Continue the replacement of the City Hall and Jail surveillance systems.
- Continue integrating GIS with the public website.
- Complete GIS maps supporting the General Plan.
- Continue uploading GIS data and applications to the GIS Cloud site.
- Continue with the water meter GIS data capture for Utilities.
- Expand and simplify mobility solutions and remote access for city employees.
- Evaluate remote site connectivity to improve performance.
- Implement new systems to thwart ransomware and other malicious attacks.
- Continue to improve computer security across all areas of the network.
- Complete installation of security event management to improve security incident response.
- Implement upgraded backup and disaster recovery system to improve dependability.
- Replace the obsolete City Hall data center core network switch to improve network speed.
- Replace wired and wireless network equipment at all Library locations.
- Replace the remaining 65 obsolete Library computers.
- Expand the service hours of the Help Desk call center.
- Implement the upgrade of desktop computers to Windows 10.
- Maintain current infrastructure support levels.
Did you know?
The Huntington Beach Fire Department charges for emergency medical services and ambulance transportation. However, residents can join the FireMed Program and protect their out-of-pocket costs! Read more about the FireMed Program.
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5515
Fax: (714) 536-5520