Books may be renewed in 4 ways:
- Automatic Renewals
- On the Internet, through the online catalog.
- In person at any HBPL library location
- One less thing for you to worry about, automatic renewals are here!
- The library now provides automatic renewals for all eligible items on your due date. The renewed due date will be extended by the original checkout period (21 days for books, 7 days for DVDs). Eligible items can be renewed up to 3 times.
- The following items will not be eligible for automatic renewals.
- Items that have requests placed on them by other patrons.
- Items that have reached their renewal limit.
- Downloadable and streaming materials such as e-books, e-audiobooks, and streaming video.
- You will receive an email notice the day after the due date letting you know which of your items have been renewed. If you have items due that were not renewed, please return them within 3 days.
- You will continue to receive pre-overdue notices 3 days before due dates to encourage you to return the item on time.
- You can also manually renew an item following any of the steps below.
- After the final renewal, fines will be charged on items not returned.
Renewing by Internet
- Log in with your barcode number, 14 digits, no spaces (normally begins with 2111900xxxxxxx)
- Enter your PIN#, which is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card
- Click on the "Checkouts" tab
- Check the box to the left of title of the item(s) to be renewed
- Click the Renew button
- A new due date will display if the item(s) has been renewed correctly.
- Call (714)374-1680
- Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish
- Press 5 to renew your items
- Enter your library card number
- Press 1 to renew items individually or press 2 to renew all of your current items
- Books (including encyclopedias and magazines) may be renewed three times (3 times) before the due date.
- Renewing extends the loan period for an additional checkout period (21 days for books, 7 days for DVDs) starting from the date the item is renewed.
- Materials cannot be renewed if another patron has placed a hold reserve request on that title.
Did you know?
Huntington Beach has 75 parks and these parks have 754 acres! You can find information about the City parks by viewing our City Parks Locator