Books may be renewed in 3 ways:
- On the Internet, through the online catalog.
- By telephone, through the automated number: (714) 374-1680
- In person at any HBPL library location
- Log in with your barcode number, 14 digits, no spaces (normally begins with 2111900xxxxxxx)
- Enter your PIN#, which is the last four numbers of your phone number when you registered for your library card
- Click on the "Checkouts" tab
- Check the box to the left of title of the item(s) to be renewed
- Click the Renew button
- A new due date will display if the item(s) has been renewed correctly.
- Call (714)374-1680
- Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish
- Press 5 to renew your items
- Enter your library card number
- Press 1 to renew items individually or press 2 to renew all of your current items
- Books (including encyclopedias and magazines) may be renewed three times (3 times) before the due date.
- Renewing extends the loan period for an additional 3 weeks starting from the date the item is renewed.
- Materials cannot be renewed if another patron has placed a hold reserve request on that title.
- Media (Videos, DVDs, Music CDs, Downloadable Audiobooks, and Books on Tape or CD) cannot be renewed.
- Overdue items cannot be renewed.
Did you know?
Plan your wedding on the City Beach! Sunrise or sunset, or anytime in between – beautiful location information is found here