Sandbag Information (714) 960-8861
Sandbags and sand are available at the city Corporate Yard at 17371 Gothard Street for Huntington Beach and Sunset Beach residents. Businesses are not eligible. Please be prepared to show proof of residency if required.
- Sand and sandbags are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Hours may be extended if necessary during a major weather event.
- Limit 20 bags per household.
- Residents should bring a shovel and must fill their own sandbags.
- Call 714-960-8861 for more information.
Proper Disposal After Use
Wondering what to do with your sandbags now that the storm has passed? If you don’t have room to store them for the next rain event or wish to dispose of them, here are some suggestions:
- Mix sand in with your soil to improve landscape drainage.
- Dispose of sand over time in your brown trash cart. To ensure the cart is not too heavy, please only dispose of two bags of sand per week.
- Provide to family, friends, or neighbors in need.
Please do not dump sand at the beach or return your sandbags to the Corporate Yard or other City facilities.
Did you know?
Think you may have or know of a Code Enforcement violation? You can now submit a Code Enforcement Investigation Request online
City of Huntington Beach
Public Works Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5431
Fax: (714) 374-1573