Standard Water Conservation Requirements
- No automatic irrigation should be used between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Watering over 10 minutes per station for automated irrigation systems is prohibited.
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff onto adjoining sidewalk, driveway, alley, or gutter is prohibited.
- Irrigating lawn, shrubs, or ornamental landscape during and after 48 hours of a rainfall is prohibited.
- Washing down hard surfaces including sidewalks & driveways is prohibited.
- Washing a vehicle (including cars, trucks, boats, trailers, and recreation vehicles) with hose, unless hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle is prohibited.
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature that does not use re-circulated water is prohibited.
- All leaks, breaks or malfunctions in plumbing or irrigation system must be repaired within 5 days.
City of Huntington Beach
Public Works Department
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5431
Fax: (714) 374-1573