Create and Submit a Fire Permit Application (Non-Construction)
You may submit an online application for the following record types:
Examples: Reports to comply with City Specifications 422, 429 and 431-92
Examples: Temporary Special or Specific Events
Examples: DSA Reviews and Fire Master Plans
- Go to the Accela Citizen Access home page and click on the Create an Application icon under "Fire".
- Read the disclaimer and accept. Then, click on the Continue Application to proceed.
- Select the record type pertaining to your project by clicking on one of the circular buttons. Then, click Continue Application.
People > Contact Detail
- Click Select from Account to populate user as contact.
- Click Continue Application once the contact is added successfully.
NOTE: If the contact details are inaccurate, please visit Account Management > My Account > Contact Information to update.
Location > Location Details
- Enter in the address (street no. and street name) of the property for which you are applying for a permit and click Search.
For example, the address 2000 Main Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92648 should be entered exactly as shown below.
- A pop-up may appear if the search yields multiple results. Mark the address with the correct parcel and property owner; then, click Select. Click Continue Application once you have confirmed the address, parcel and owner.
- Enter an Application Name to title the project.
- Enter a detailed description for the project or event you are proposing.
- Click Continue Application.
- Upload required documents.
A permit application and plans are required to submit. Other documents such as flame certificate, cut sheets, specifications, may be uploaded as well as Supporting Documents.
- Click Add to upload files
- Click Add in the pop-up screen, and then locate and select the file you wish to upload. After the status bar reaches 100%, click Continue.
- After each file is uploaded, select the type of file from the drop down menu and enter a description. Repeat as many times as necessary.
- Once all files are uploaded, Save. Then, click Continue Application.
Note - after clicking Save, you cannot make any changes or delete the uploaded documents. Do not click Save until the last step.
- Review each section of your permit application. Click Edit to make changes if necessary.
- Once the application is determined to be complete and accurate, click Continue Application.
Your application submittal is complete. This is not a valid permit until your application is approved. HBFD will process your application based on the order received and contact you via email once the application is ready to issue with the balance due.
Please retain the Record Number for status check or inspection requests.
Did you know?
Solar panels are virtually maintenance free since the batteries require no water or other regular service and will last for years. Once solar panels are installed there are no recurring costs. Learn more about solar.