HB System of Care
Navigation Center
For Business Property Owners
How you can help
Get Educated on Homelessness
Homeless Assistance

For Business and Property Owners


Submit Question

You Have Rights

If you are an owner or operator of a business or commercial property and have concerns regarding issues of unwanted persons or criminal activity on your property, there are resources available to help you in addressing your issues successfully. We have created a helpful Quick Resources for Business which is an excellent resource to keep on hand at your business.

Protecting Your Property: Taking the Proactive Approach

Many nuisance or criminal activities can be prevented by businesses and property owners taking a proactive approach to protecting private properties. Here are a few things businesses and property owners can do:

  • Post signs on your property such as "No Trespassing"
  • Sign and send a 647 PC Letter (Illegal Lodging) to the Huntington Beach Police Department
  • Secure trash enclosures
  • Do not leave empty cardboard boxes where they are publicly accessible
  • Reduce foliage that may be used as hiding spots for people/property
  • Ensure adequate lighting
  • Increase presence or implement private security measures
  • Do not feed or give money to non-patrons

Enforcement and Contacting the City of Huntington Beach:
For life-threatening emergencies, please immediately call 9-1-1

When to Call the Code Enforcement Hotline at (714) 536-5271:

  • Inhabiting of your or your neighbor's commercial property
  • Abandoned shopping carts or other unclaimed property
  • Excessive trash, debris, and outdoor storage

When to Call the Police Department at (714) 960-8825:

  • Drug activity or the presence of drugs or paraphernalia
  • Loitering outside of establishments that sell alcohol
  • Trespassing
  • Impeding access to businesses
  • Aggressive panhandling


Did you know?

The Homeless Task Force has helped more than 600 individuals off the streets and assisted more than 90 individuals reconnect with their loved ones.


Submit Question

Report any non-emergency complaints related to homelessness.
Services Home
Animal Control
Report an Issue
Americans with Disabilities Act
Ask a Question
Business Services
Community Safety
Documents & Records
Forms & Applications
Graffiti Removal
Housing & Human Services
Library Services
News & Media
Noise Complaints FAQ's
Online Services
Payment Services
Planning and Construction
Recreation Parks & Culture
Service Request
Senior Services
Traffic Streets & Parking
Trash Waste & Recycling
Water & Sewage
Back to Top  up-arrow