Senior Center in Central Park Volunteer Opportunities (714) 536-5600
To volunteer and make positive change in the senior community, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at the Senior Center in Central Park:
Huntington Beach Community Services Volunteers make life better for Huntington Beach residents through a wide variety of activities, teaching classes, transporting seniors, delivering and serving meals, crafting, office support and more. Volunteers are needed to support the Senior Center in Central Park located at 18041 Goldenwest Street.
- Home Delivered Meal Drivers – Morning program delivering meals to HB seniors.
- Office Support – Providing general information, facility tours to guests, and answering phones.
- Outlook – Fourth Thursday of the month to prepare the HBCOA newsletter (affixing mailing labels).
Technology – Computer instruction, Tech coaching, smart phone instructors, and more.
- Transportation Drivers – Morning and afternoon shifts, driving HB seniors to appointments.
- Wellness Pavilion Fitness Center – Give gym tours, sign up new members, and answer phones.
- Huntington Beach Council on Aging (HBCOA) – The HBCOA is a non-profit partner looking for new volunteer board members.
Volunteers can assist in the following areas:
Did you know?
The Huntington Beach Fire Department conducts free home fire safety inspections for seniors. You can also get a free smoke detector with a 10 year battery and carbon monoxide detector installed. This free service is provided by Project SHIP senior home inspection program volunteers. You can schedule an appointment online
or call 714-374-1615.