or in person at the following location:
103 Pacific Coast Highway
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Annual Beach Parking Permit allows you to park at the following locations:
Annual Beach Permit is not valid:
When purchasing your permit, please bring your license plate number, vehicle year, make and model.
1. General Permits
2. Senior Citizen Permits
To qualify for a senior citizen discount, the senior must be present with a valid Driver's License, showing a minimum age of 62 at the time of purchase, and must present their current vehicle registration listing their name as the registered owner (one discounted Senior Citizen permit per senior citizen per year).
3. Veteran's Permits
To qualify for a veteran's discount, please bring your current vehicle registration with the Veteran's name AND a Veteran's Designation driver's license or a certified DD214 Form. Must be with an Honorable Discharge. (one discounted Veteran's permit per Veteran per year).
4. Disabled Permits
To qualify for a disabled discount, please bring your valid driver's license, current auto registration with the disabled person's name, valid DMV paperwork and a placard with matching disabled name. Disabled person must be present at the time of purchase. (one discounted Disabled Permit per Disabled Person per year).
5. Replacement Permits
If you purchase a different vehicle or replace your windshield during the year, bring the permit in and it will be replaced. If you do not bring in the permit you must pay full price.
6. Oversize Vehicle Permits
May be purchased for vehicles between 20’ and 40’ in length. These vehicles are permitted to park in the attended beach parking lot between Huntington Street and Beach Blvd. Oversize vehicles parked in the attended beach lot may only occupy two (2) spaces that are adjacent to each other from front to back. Vehicles must not overhang walkways or service access areas.
Gift certificates are available. Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Cards are welcome.
1. The parking permit must be permanently affixed to the window of the vehicle for which it was purchased using the adhesive on the permit when the protective coating is removed. Completely affix the permit to the inside, lower left corner of the front windshield (driver's side). The permit is non-transferable between vehicles and may not be altered or modified.
2. Permits must exactly match the license plate information given during registration. If a plate is changed, the permit will be invalid unless the City is notified and acknowledges the plate change.
3. Fraudulent use of a parking permit may result in a fine and will result in the denial of the ability to purchase a City Beach Parking Permit for three (3) years. Examples are:
a. Altering a permit or number in any way
b. Affixing a permit to a vehicle in which the permit is not registered
c. Producing a duplicated or counterfeit permit
d. Failure to attach permit to vehicle (see item 1)
4. All posted signs (permanent or temporary) must be obeyed including lot closure postings.
5. Permits are not valid at street meters between 10:30 pm and 5:00 am.
6. If you purchase a different vehicle or replace your windshield during the year, bring the permit in and it will be replaced for $10.00. If you do not bring the permit in, you must pay the full price.
7. The City is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced permits. Another permit can be purchased at full price.
8. Permits expire the first day of the month following the punched month. There is NO GRACE PERIOD.
9. Vehicles over 20 feet (including overhang) may only purchase an oversized parking permit. No other parking permits may be used on vehicles over 20 feet.
10. Possession of this permit does not guarantee a parking space. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
11. You may be restricted from parking in certain areas of the lots during the HB RV Campground Season (After Labor Day – May 31) and during selected Specific Events - Please refer to the City’s website for the Surf City Break Website Calendar.
12. EXCLUSIONARY DAYS - Permits are not valid at any location on July 4th, two days preceding and/or following July 4th as selected by the Director of Community & Library Services and the three days of the Air Show.
13. Main Promenade Parking Structure has entrances on Walnut and Olive Streets. You must pull a ticket to enter the parking structure and this ticket must be presented to the parking attendant upon exit or you will be charged a lost ticket fee. Your permit allows you to park for one day at a time. The day ends at 3:00 am. Fees will be charged at exiting if cars are parked for more than one day. Vehicles parked more than 24 hours are subject to ticketing or towing and the subsequent fees.
14. This permit is the property of the City of Huntington Beach and may be revoked at any time.